Who can apply?
• Residents and non-residents may apply.
• Applicants and appointed direct family members may apply.
• Third parties and UK employers may not apply.
• Lebanese citizens living abroad can request that a direct relative (spouse, sibling or parent and or/child over the age of 18) submit on their behalf
to the Directorate General of Interior Security Forces in the Judicial Department.
• For applicants living in the United Kingdom, applicants can be submitted in person or by mail to the Lebanese Embassy.
What must the applicant supply?
• All applicants should include a letter signed by themselves requesting the criminal record, stating the last address they lived at in Lebanon. In the covering letter, non-Lebanese Nationals should also mention the period of their stay in the country, and the name and address of the company they worked for.
In addition Lebanese nationals should provide of one of the following:
• Copy of Lebanese identification document
• A copy of the Family Civil Extract
• The Individual Civil Extract
• Lebanese identification card Non-Lebanese Nationals:
• A copy of their passport Palestinian Refugees need to provide one of the following documents:
• The Family Registry special for Palestinian Refugees registered in Lebanon
• The Individual Registry special for Palestinian Refugees registered in Lebanon
What are the costs / turnaround times?
• There are no fees for the criminal record check in its original Arabic version issued in Lebanon.
The turnaround for the application is up to three months if submitted through the Embassy.
• If urgent, the same day if submitted directly in Lebanon (for Lebanese nationals only).
• The Lebanese Embassy in London provides the service of translation and legalisation of the criminal record check for a fee of £15.
What does the police criminal record check include?
• His or her name
• Mother and fathers‟ names
• Place and date of birth
• If the person has been convicted the date of the judgement will show, the type of crime, and the period of sentence served.
• If he/she is clear „no judgement‟ will be displayed.
• Arabic document
• Stamped on the bottom left hand corner signed with a record number in the bottom left hand corner
Directorate General of the Interior Security Forces in Lebanon
Furn El Chebbak Street
Tel: 01/292880 and 02/292885
Embassy of Lebanon
15 Palace Gardens Mews
Tel: 020 77276696
Fax: 020 72431699
For any more information go to www.informs.gov.lb/www.lebaneseembassyuk.org