Who can apply?
• Individuals only.
• Local applicants must go in person to the police station governing the administrative district in which they are registered.
• For applications within Eritrea, Police certificates are only available to individuals of non-national Service ages: for women aged 47 years or more (unless they have an exemption through marriage, formal engagement to be married or have children) and men
aged 54 years or more.
• External applications are accepted via the Eritrean Embassy in London and no age restriction
What must the applicant supply?
• Completed application form
• Two passport photographs
• Copy of Photographic ID
What are the costs/turnaround?
Eritrean nationals are required to pay a tax of 2% of earnings overseas in return for provision of the Police certificate.
• Service charge to the police of Nfas 50 for completing the application
• Charge of Nfas 59 where fingerprints are taken in the UK and checked by the Consular office.
Eritrean Embassy in London
96 White Lion Street
Tel: 020 7713 0096 Fax: 020 7713 0161